A few guests are coming, and the only way you can make burgers is in an air fryer. If you want to join the party, you need to make all the burgers in one batch. The solution is stacking, but can you stack burgers in an air fryer?
It is absolutely possible to stack burger patties in an air fryer in an effortless way. There is no magic, and you don’t even need a particular type of air fryer. The only thing you need is a rack.
With this one extra accessory, you can make a double serving of burgers at once. And what’s also good about this is that it works the same way with frozen and unfrozen hamburgers.
Ways to stack burgers in an air fryer
When it comes to whether you can stack burgers in an air fryer, the answer is usually no if you think of stacking them on top of each other, but if you have racks that then the answer is the opposite.
You can buy a rack for almost all types and sizes of air fryers. Many times you get one with the air fryer in the basic package. Let’s see how you can use the racks if you want to stack burger patties in your air fryer!
It is essential that you only use a rack of a size that is exactly right for your air fryer. If you try a smaller one, it simply won’t do the job, and you will end up cooking in batches.
First, sprinkle a little oil on the bottom of the air fryer basket. Next, place the right amount of hamburgers on the basket bottom comfortably so that they do not touch each other. Then place the rack in the air fryer, spray it with some oil, place the burgers on, and start frying.
I found some great racks on amazon which I use myself. These racks can ease your air fryer food stacking problems every time:
BEST RACK FOR STACKING
- FOOD GRADE HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: MFTEK air fryer accessories rack is made of food grade 304 stainless steel, which is FDA Approval material, durable and heat resistant, oven safe up to 500-degrees
- BEST AIRFRYER ACCESSORIES: Double layer rack for more versatile air fryer recipes. Maximize the heating surface of food, use skewers for shish kabob on the top layer and other foods on the grate layer.
- EASY TO CLEAN: No stick and No rust high quality 304 stainless steel, easy to clean, Each air fryer accessories is dishwasher safe for a quick and hassle free clean up, just simple slip in the dishwasher and get your hands free.
- DURABLE & FRIENDLY DESIGN: The rack edge is polished to a smooth surface with no rough spot, Protect your hand roundly while washing or holding. Dense parallel line prevents food from falling through.
- 100% COMPATIBLE WITH: XL Power airfryer, Philips, GoWISE USA, Faberware, Cozyna 4.2-6.8QT and up. The Skewer rack size: 7.8*2.75inch, metal rack: 7.8*1.18inch.
Last update on 2024-01-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BEST RACK FOR STACKING AND DEHYDRATION
Last update on 2024-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
BEST RACK FOR NINJA AIR FRYER
Last update on 2024-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Never try to stack burger patties in an air fryer without using racks. The essence of the air fryer is that the fans circulate the hot air that should touch all sides of the food.
If you stack the burgers on top of each other, the result will be disappointing. The upper and the bottom layer will be nice and crispy, but the middle will be undercooked or even raw.
How many hamburgers can you cook in an air fryer
It depends entirely on the size of your air fryer.
In smaller ones (1-2 quart), you may be able to fry a maximum of one meat patty at a time.
In medium and larger air fryers (at least 5-6 quart), you can comfortably place four burgers at a time. If you add the rack to this, you can put up to 8 burgers in it.
When it comes to fry burgers in it, the best is an air fryer with a square basket or air fryer oven, as it is easier to arrange the burger patties in it.
Do you need to flip burgers in an air fryer
Yes, burgers definitely need to be turned. Flipping allows even frying and crispiness on all sides. However, you only need to do this once during the cooking time, about halfway through. Use a heat-resistant meat tong for this process, and be careful not to burn yourself.
How long to cook hamburgers in an air fryer (frozen or unfrozen)
You can air fry thin or thick burgers. The internal temperature of the beef must reach 160 Fahrenheit (71 Celsius) so that it does not remain raw. If the thermometer shows a lower number at the end of the cooking time, fry them even further for a minute or two.
Whether you want to make frozen or unfrozen burgers, you don’t need to preheat the air fryer, however, spray some oil on the burgers with both variations.
Cooking frozen burger patties
If you want to fry frozen burgers, don’t thaw them, you have to put them in the air fryer when frozen. Once you have placed the hamburgers in the air fryer, set the temperature to 360 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius).
For thick hamburgers, fry them for about 18-20 minutes in total. On one side, nine to ten minutes, then flip and continue cooking for an additional nine to ten minutes.
For thin meat patties, 16 minutes will be enough; just flip them halfway through cooking time.
Cooking unfrozen burger patties
After using oil spray, put the burgers comfortably in the air fryer and set the temperature to 360 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius).
If you fry thick meat patties, cook them for 8 minutes, then flip with a tong and cook them on the other side for another 8 minutes, so you will need 16 minutes in total.
For thin burgers, a total of 12 minutes is enough. Six minutes on one side, then flip and another six minutes of cooking on the other side.
Which type of air fryers can you use for stacking burgers
I’ll show you some medium and large air fryers, which are perfect if you want to stack burgers in them. It’s not really the size that matters; the focus is on accessories.
- Healthier cooking in 30 min Or Less: thanks to rapid air technology, you can now experience your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer can fry, bake, grill and roast with little to no oil.
- Modern touch screen design: sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. New features include a start/stop button allowing you to change your program mid-cycle, as well as a built-in alarm function to remind you to shake your ingredients in 5, 10, and 15-minute increments.
- 8 preset cooking options & manual controls: enjoy 8 pre-programmed cooking functions including fries/chips, pork, chicken, steak, shrimp, cake, fish and pizza. Or, use the manual controls to customize to your needs. This air fryer is equipped with a wide temperature range from 180F to 400F and a timer for up to 30 minutes.
- Air fryer accessory set included: Includes 8-inch baking pan, 8-inch pie/pizza pan, insert rack, kabob rack, toasting/warming rack, silicone Mat.
- Recipe book included: Includes 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA air fryers. Get started today with 50 step-by-step recipes to explore all that your new kitchen gadget has to offer.
Last update on 2024-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you don’t have a lot of space in the kitchen, but you want to make the most of it, this 8-in-1 air fryer from GoWISE USA is definitely for you. The starter pack comes with six accessories, including a rack that is perfect for stacking burgers. Although its basket is round in design, it is large enough to put four burgers in it at a time, and the rack is wide enough for four more meat patties.
No products found.
This COSORI Air Fryer is available in two sizes. Thanks to its 3.7 quarts square basket, you can fry four burgers in one batch. In addition, the package includes a rack with which you can double the quantity. And in the larger 5.8-quart size, you can fry up to six burgers at a time. And this package also includes a rack.
- 6 Appliances in 1 for more versatility in less space The only cooking appliance you'll ever need on your countertop — with 1700 watts it's a powerful air fryer toaster oven roaster pizza oven Dehydrator and sandwich maker all in one
- 8 one-touch pre-set functions One touch is all it takes to use this hot air fryer It's the best air fryer since it has 8 pre-sets including fries beef chicken fish shrimp rotisserie function vegetables and dehydrate
- Easy customizable cooking control Customize your cooking by manually adjusting the time and temperature up to 60 minutes and 400° F
- Electric air fryer with easy-view window and lit interior It's easy to keep an eye on your food as it cooks so you get perfectly browned results every time
- Includes 3 metal mesh shelves rotating basket drip/crumb tray basket/Rotisserie lifter and rotisserie accessories mesh shelves let air circulate around food for expert air frying and dehydrating Rotating basket tumbles food for crispy even results
Last update on 2024-01-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you really want to be a master in stacking burgers in an air fryer, then you need this Hamilton Beach Air Fryer Oven. By using this oven, you can not only supply a family with fresh burgers, but you can also organize a real burger party without any difficulty. You can put three racks in this air fryer oven! One rack can hold about eight meat patties, so if you work with three racks, you can cook 24 hamburger patties.
There isn’t much to stacking burgers in an air fryer. All you need is one (or more) racks. Using racks is also the only way you can stack burgers in an air fryer.